Management Farm House
My Farm
Rescue
Marketplace
Trades
Contracts
Bids
Help
Stop chatterin' and return to my farmin'!
Community

SearchSearch Forum & Players   MemberlistMemberlist 
 My FarmMy Farm   Log in to check PMLog in to check PM   

I got about 4 viruses from this website!!! :(

Post new topic   Reply to topic    sandboxfarm Forum Index -> Report Bugs Here- thanks!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Daisy Rabbit Mae

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 1:30 pm    Post subject: I got about 4 viruses from this website!!! :( Reply with quote

My dad just found about four viruses on all of our computers in my house yesterday and he said it came from this website. If you can fix this website please do and if this has happened to you please post and help please!!! I'm not allowed on at home anymore!!! now I have to go on at school!!!
Kholran
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been playing this game as well as Virtual Horse Ranch (also run by Orbis Games) since they were created (2 years for SBF, 5 for VHR) and have never gotten a virus from either site, nor have I ever heard of anyone else getting viruses from Orbis Games sites.

Do you often click the ads at the bottom of the page, or open image files?
Misty Glen

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been playing this game for well over a year and have never gotten a virus from this site or any of the other orbis sites in that time. Viruses are typically obtained when you download files, such as through email attachments or when you download files off the internet. By this I don't mean when pictures and stuff are displayed in a page, I mean when your browser asks you to download a particular file which you may or may not recognise. SBF does not ask you to download any files at any time, however the same cannot necessarily be said of the sites some of the ads link to.

If your internet browser asks you to download a file, don't just automatically say yes, ask yourself what the file is supposed to do, and is it necessary for what you need to do. if you don't know, don't download it. if you don't need it, don't download it. if you weren't expecting to need a file to do whatever you were trying to do, don't download it. if it turns out that something on the page didn't load correctly you can always refresh the page and download whatever you were asked to download.

also be extremely wary of downloading files from unofficial sites. If you're trying to download, say a patch for a game, or programs such as quicktime or java, download it from the official game/company site, not from another site where people have uploaded useful files for others to use. The site may be legitimate, the people trustworthy, and the files valid when they were uploaded, but the storage-site used to hold the files may not be perfectly secure, in which case there is a chance a virus can attach itself to the file you're downloading.
Daisy Rabbit Mae

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kholran wrote:
I have been playing this game as well as Virtual Horse Ranch (also run by Orbis Games) since they were created (2 years for SBF, 5 for VHR) and have never gotten a virus from either site, nor have I ever heard of anyone else getting viruses from Orbis Games sites.

Yeah. is that bad?
Kholran
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Daisy Rabbit Mae wrote:
Kholran wrote:

Yeah. is that bad?

Those sites that advertise have no link at all to Orbis Games or Sandbox farms, and may allow viruses onto your computer. Similarly, like Misty Glen said, viruses can attach themselves to image files, so if you frequently download images, you likely picked them up there.
Daisy Rabbit Mae

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I only clicked on the things that are by orbis games. but I do click on images sometimes but not that much acctually.
barbaro800

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i havent gotten any viruses from this website yet. the only way you can get a virus is from opening a file/downloading it, like what Kholran said. As far as i know, you can't open files on this game. Opening a link to view a picture isn't opening a file, so unless your computer figured out the virus came from this sight, i doubt it's actually from this one.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    sandboxfarm Forum Index -> Report Bugs Here- thanks! All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: