Management Farm House
My Farm
Rescue
Marketplace
Trades
Contracts
Bids
Help
Stop chatterin' and return to my farmin'!
Community

SearchSearch Forum & Players   MemberlistMemberlist 
 My FarmMy Farm   Log in to check PMLog in to check PM   

Oops! Farming Mishap Stories

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Forgetful

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 10:12 pm    Post subject: Oops! Farming Mishap Stories Reply with quote

Just a place to post farming mishaps that happen during play.

For example, I just entered almost all my animals in events that allowed them. Great right? Well, in my excitement, I completely forgot to pay attention to the prices of entering said events. I am now -8mil in debt. So much for getting the next level of animal environment.

Do you have such a story?
Sipphy

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to SBF Forgetful! A few weeks ago I was looking at horses on the market and I accidentally clicked the mouse when it happened to be over the "buy" button. I bought a horse I didn't want for 800k. Could have been a lot worse though Razz .
Misty Glen

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 3:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did something like that. Back when I was just starting out I accidentally bought a $5mill animal, which was pretty much all the cash on me at the time. What's worse, I had been negotiating to buy something from another player for $5mill, and had been saving up for ages so I could afford it. I was devastated that the lack of a confirmation request for purchase had left me in that position. I felt I'd really let the other player down since I no longer could afford to pay them.

I messaged the player who previously owned the animal I accidentally purchased to explain what happened and see if they'd purchase it back, but they ignored my message. Fortunately some nice players helped me out when I explained what happened on the forums. Smile
Cocodri

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forgetful - I actually just did that exact same thing a couple of weeks ago! Brain dead.

But the worst snafu I made was when I had a bunch of horses for sale and trade and accidentally released one that I had already had an (good) offer on... I should not play late at night when I am really tired.
Forgetful

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow. And here I was all feeling sorry for myself over a rookie mistake. You guys all top my story.
~~rose~~

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wanted to breed one of my most valuable animals, and I accidently hit the release button. It was one o'clock, and I clicked on the I'm sure button instead of the never mind one. Good thing that I had a backup!!
Vitani

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haha, I just had one! Well, not haha, but...>.<

Bought a 60 million dollar fish.....And then realized it was the wrong species for what I wanted it for! Oi vey >.<

Thank goodness for kindly understanding former owners! Disaster adverted Shocked
SisKate

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I spent all of my money buying an enclosure (when I was really new), and didn't have any more rescues. I had to wait weeks until I could actually put the enclosure to good use!

I also remember when I bought an "Extremely Rare" animal with a lot of my money (I was still really really new) and thought it was the best animal on SBF. I didn't even know that the "Top Animal" scores existed, or that Endangered or AE animals existed, and tried to sell the animal for almost $80 million. It was really embarassing!

Welcome to SBF!

SisKate
Cowgirls Rule

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought a horse without even looking at the price and then released it after realizing that I didn't need it.
Forgetful

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, after a week of daily examinations, I have finally pulled myself into the positive again! Maybe my farm should have been 'Epic Fails 'R' Us'....

In other news, thanks to everyone who posted a story and welcomed me to Sandbox.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    sandboxfarm Forum Index -> Chicken Chatter All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: