Management Farm House
My Farm
Rescue
Marketplace
Trades
Contracts
Bids
Help
Stop chatterin' and return to my farmin'!
Community

SearchSearch Forum & Players   MemberlistMemberlist 
 My FarmMy Farm   Log in to check PMLog in to check PM   

Just An Idea...
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Do You Like Or Support This Idea?
No, Its Stupid And Not Well Thought Out
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
No, But It Was A Good Try
22%
 22%  [ 2 ]
No, I Don't Have A Reason
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Yes, It Can Really Help Prevent Needless Arguments
11%
 11%  [ 1 ]
Yes, Its Well Thought Out And Could Be Helpful
44%
 44%  [ 4 ]
Yes, Just Yes
11%
 11%  [ 1 ]
Other (Please State In A Post If you Will)
11%
 11%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 9

sandtiger

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 2:43 pm    Post subject: Just An Idea... Reply with quote

Ok, so I'm pretty sure many regular visitors to the SBF forums have seen "SBF Gets Left In The Dust" thread. And please do not go throwing insults, flames or anything of that nature at me, it is just an idea, simple as that. My idea in that we create a few Rare-AE variations for each species that can be bred Freely. Yes, No restrictions, free breeding, to breed hundreds or collect as many as they want. Do whatever they want with them, sell them, breed them, whatever. I was inspired by Cocodri's and Misty Glen's post in the thread mentioned above. I also felt that animals were so tightly restricted it was a little to tight, not meant to offend anyone. This project is meant to avoid angering those who already have variations that are special to them being "over-bred" and to provide new ones just for that. there is a poll above as well if you haven't noticed. I Know Its short, but it happens.

Thank You,

~*Sandtiger*~
.Savy.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm. I raised the wooden spoon at you sandy! But than re-read it, and well, I'm in..

I agree, it was very hard to get an A.E, and especially with the fiansco on my account, I don't know if anyone trusts me or not. I do a have a few a.e's now (thankies guys!!) and it makes you feel good. I wouldnt say have the stud fee at 50 bucks or anything, maybe 10 mill or so, so than there is a, well, billion of them running around..

I support you Very Happy
sandtiger

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That price is what I was generally thinking. Very Happy Thanks Savy! and by Fiasco, I think I can guess what happened, same thing that happened to Wolfgirl I'm guessing? Thanks!

~*Sandtiger*~
Ferox

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't mind doing this with the Fossa I'm in the process of creating, with just a little restriction on the end's. It's a work in progress, but the idea was to have a variation and colour of every rarity so people can breed them up.

Anyone want Fossa?
sandtiger

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh la la! The last part made me crack up. Laughing But seriously it does sound like a nice idea what your doing with the Fossas. I really like the idea, I'm in quite a bit here.
*~Trent~*

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i like this
im making a few variations that wolfgirl wanted for dogs... if shes okay with it, i will make one of them have very low conditions.
>< no insanely low priced selling/studding
>< dont have more then 7 on your farm [7 is my fav. number]
>< release excess animals
>< release if the color is OP
i think those are very loose conditions. of course, when/if i release them to the community [after statting them up] im gonna release them to the older players first. [if Wolfie is ok with it, i dont mind doing this too much. of course, i will be taking a census like every day and encourage people not to overbreed still xD]
sandtiger

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree a lot on most of those conditions, and compared to a lot (no offense), it really is loose. I don't think the OP color really makes since to me, I'm just saying. But it would work, thanks by the way!
Ferox

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Should we post a list somewhere or recommended "First End's"or similar, with a list of creators and a recommendation to go the creators first, as they're more likely to have that variation in stock?
.Savy.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sandtiger wrote:
That price is what I was generally thinking. Very Happy Thanks Savy! and by Fiasco, I think I can guess what happened, same thing that happened to Wolfgirl I'm guessing? Thanks!

~*Sandtiger*~

Not sure what happen with Wolfie, I basically had someone stab me in the back that had my user and pass to my account, and was using my laptop.. It totally sucked..
Anyways, this sounds like a great idea and keep me posted!
Alabama
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If y'all wanna start a list somewhere, I'll donate some tokens/animals/colors and see if I can't Nef to create some as well.
.Savy.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That would be incredible Bama Very Happy sound good sandy? Smile
wolfgirl159357

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sav. of course you can make some of them low conditions and im in but could you make at least one with pretty moderate conditions?
koneko

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a nice idea, epsecially for the newer players who don't know much about value and how mad some people can get for overbreeding. I agree with most of Trent's conditions except the one about OP colors. A lot of AE variations have less rare colors, epecially if it a new variation.
Misty Glen

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 5:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think this is a brilliant idea. We should create a list of creations where the only conditions on any of them is "breed responsibly", which really just means don't breed tons of them and/or put them on sale for extremely low prices.

I would like to donate a few of my own creations to this list. They are:
Unicorn - Pegasus variation - Endangered
Bone White - Pegasus colour - Endangered
Lava Streaked Volcanic Black - Pegasus colour - Endangered
Gryphon - Tiger variation - Endangered

I'm also wanting to create an Extremely Rare Pegasus variation, the Almaricorn, which I intended from the beginning to have no conditions on them apart from the "breed responsibly" condition I mentioned above.

If anyone wants to help me out with tokens, or make it instead, I welcome both options, so long as in the case of the latter it has no more than the "breed responsibly" condition on it.

I'm always keen to create condition-free variations for my beloved pegasus species so as to encourage more people to get into breeding them.

If I had the tokens I'd create a couple more rarer condition-free pegasus creations, but I don't expect that will happen. I would love to see some Orbis-made ones which could be rescued. (Hint? Hint?)

I'm not sure if you're including exotic creations on your list, but if so my exotic pegasus creations have always been sold without conditions. The entire list is:
Pale Turquoise - Pegasus colour - Exotic
Butterfly - Pegasus variation - Exotic
Raptor - Pegasus variation - Exotic
Rainbow - Pegasus variation - Exotic
Alabama
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Misty Glen wrote:

I would love to see some Orbis-made ones which could be rescued. (Hint? Hint?)

The problem with this is that the coding doesn't allow for anything except uncommon, common, abundant and OP to be rescued. Although, I have some rares show up while breeding more common animals together. So the players would most likely have to purchase the more rare animals and breed the living daylights out of them and put the offspring up for sale/stud cheaply whether rare or not to give newer players a chance at breeding the rarer genes.

Sometime, when I can grab Nef when she's not super busy, I'll see what she can/is willing to do to help us out Wink First step for her, if she can do something is to know what to do, so we need to have the list ready that I can show her and she can go to work immediately. Gotta hit her when she has time, otherwise, she'll forget.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    sandboxfarm Forum Index -> Chicken Chatter All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: