Management Farm House
My Farm
Rescue
Marketplace
Trades
Contracts
Bids
Help
Stop chatterin' and return to my farmin'!
Community

SearchSearch Forum & Players   MemberlistMemberlist 
 My FarmMy Farm   Log in to check PMLog in to check PM   

Bursting Point.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
KaylaBlue

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 1:36 pm    Post subject: Bursting Point. Reply with quote

I. Am. At. My. Bursting Point.

When will their come a time when we can petition to boot fellow players off of sandbox due to rudeness and general incooperation with others?

With the majority of the players on here, overbreeding, underpricing and breaking of contracts was a normal part of being a newbie. No-one knew any better, or else they didn't understand the severity of the offenses listed. These habits were originally corrected with education on the game, and close guidance by the veteran players. Now, following in the footsteps of one of our semi-newbies, disregardance of any unwritten rules seems to be the way to go. This player, never to be noted by name, has me at my breaking point.

Due to the nonchalant breeding methods of this player, I no longer offer public sale of my stock, nor any auctions unless selling animals are sterile. I am also forced to great lengths whenever privately confronted about sales, because I don't know if the person I am selling to will end up getting an animal back to said player.

I hoped this would not become a rant of complaints, however it did seem to end up that way. I originally set out to warn players of this specific player, but then realized how rude that would make me seem. So, I am leaving you with a final note - do not trust your neighbor completely. There is always the chance they will find a way to bypass your set contract.

- Kayla

Note: The player knows who they are, or will, once reading this, so please do not ask if it is you.
wolfgirl159357

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kayla this subject has come quite a few times adn their is no way around it but like Alabama and Khloran keep saying Users can do what they want with their animals and contracts like breeding are under through player to player adn overbreeding may not be liked but they can do it.

Hope i dont sound mean i just hear about this all the time.
Alabama
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There will never be a time when players can vote other players off the game. It's not a popularity contest. The only time a player is removed from the game is when they break the rules contained in the terms of service and even then it is only done as a last resort by game admin when nothing else seems to work with that particular player.

Any rule outside the terms of service is not going to be enforced, not by admin and if other players break the terms of service in trying to enforce them themselves, they may find themselves in trouble.

There is no rule in the terms of service about how much a player can breed, no rule about having to cooperate with other players, nor is there a rule about how to price animals. Just as there is no rule that says long standing players must help novices or sell their animals cheaply so new players can afford to buy them.
KaylaBlue

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know, I know... I'm just incredibly frustrated with this player and had to vent a bit.
Alabama
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL a good vent is sometimes necessary
RZ

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kayla, I understand 1,000 %, one of the reasons my pink dolphins are AE!
wolfgirl159357

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nodds head intently.
Queso

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know how you feel Kayla. I got so sick of it I just stopped selling animals to the public. I'll sell to friends, but if I have an auction I'll usually just sterilize everything to be safe. As for the handful of players who over breed, I just don't deal with them anymore. It kind of takes some of the fun out of things, but it helps keep the drama levels down for me, so it's worth it.
*~Trent~*

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think im gonna make a guide, you guys can help me edit it.
"Ways to be trusted on SBF"
and some of the main things will have to do with upholding contracts, overbreeding, and being mean. [this will not be offensive, MODs! this is jsut to help noobs settle in faster!]
i guess im one to talk, being new and all, but i think i get the game, and i have made a end color and end variation, and i plan on making an AE/AE color/variation, so i dont feel too noob-ish, and i feel the fear of my variations getting overpopulated.
im gonna make the post in Chicken Chatter, so post edits you want to make, and i will make them!!!
.Savy.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, it is a dog-eat-dog world. Sorry to say Sad
I'm in the process of getting tokies, and are a little worried of my creation really 'getting out there'.
Especially since you pay RL money to create these animals..

ps- good idea trent!
*~Trent~*

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sweeet, what variation are you making? dont steal my idea =P
Ferox

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SBF is ultimately a social experiment- you can't break the physical rules of the game (except for 1 I know), but all the social rules like respect are completely arbitrary and exist only in the minds of players. This makes it a political game, as much as a farming one.
KaylaBlue

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ohhh Ferox, you totally just read my mind.
her

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

honestly, I don't get the deal with newbie overbreeding. It would be kind of frustrating for them, you know what I mean? Just think, you join a game (animal sim BREEDING game) go to the market and buy the best animal you can afford, breed it, sell the offspring to make a little money, and all of a sudden there are players jumping down your throat about how you aren't allowed to breed animals and you are ruining the game. That would seriously annoy me, and I might snap back at that player. Which is what it looks like happened to you, kayla. Just saying.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    sandboxfarm Forum Index -> Chicken Chatter All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: