Management Farm House
My Farm
Rescue
Marketplace
Trades
Contracts
Bids
Help
Stop chatterin' and return to my farmin'!
Community

SearchSearch Forum & Players   MemberlistMemberlist 
 My FarmMy Farm   Log in to check PMLog in to check PM   

WHO LOVES HORSES?????
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  

do you own a horse (in real life)
yes
31%
 31%  [ 15 ]
no
68%
 68%  [ 32 ]
Total Votes : 47

Devil_Duckie

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 10:14 pm    Post subject: WHO LOVES HORSES????? Reply with quote

i have two, a 5 year old bay throughbred and a 13 year old brown standardbred (this is in real life)

TIME TO CHAT!
Karleigh

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I own a 5yr old bay Thoroughbred mare named Dixie. Shes a doll. She has no white on her body except for a little peice of a cresent on her forehead. But its covered by her forlock. At the moment she is lame, she is having a reaction to her immunization shots. Sad She feels so sorry for herself. She is sucking up to everyone trying to get sympathy. Its really cute.
Fawn

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I recently owned a strawberry blonde Egyptian Arabian, she was cute...I showed her a few times but I dont know, I didnt like her much. She was obsessseeedd with geldings and stallions. A bit of a...well, you know what I mean. A mare thats alwayyys in heat just drove me crazy! I'll never have another mare. I work with horses, and I think of them all as kind of "mine". Chiko is a bay quarter horse with a white star. Hes very stocky and shaggy and dog-like. Nothing phases him. I may purchase him, and I riding him to prom Smile I heart him, hes very snuggly Very Happy
Alicia

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I own 2 in RL. Smile Kayce a 10yo 3/4 Arabian/Pinto (Chestnut Tobiano) gelding and Star a 21yo Brown Appendix QH mare who was my very first horse. Very Happy

Both of em are great. Kayce and I do mostly Western Pleasure in Open, and B-System. We did 4-H until I graduated High School. Aside from WP we also do English Pleasure, Dressage, Jumping, Gaming (Barrels, Poles, Fig 8, Keyhole, Flags) Cattle (Team Penning, Team Sorting, working on Roping and have helped push, sort and chute cattle in Ranch and Rodeo settings) Drill Team, Trail, Competitive Trail, Trail Riding, Reining, Halter, SHowmanship and god knows what else lol. He's about 16.3hh huge for an Arabian and unless I sweat his neck and keep him at the right weight he doesnt really look too Araby, just enough that people who know what they're talking about know he is. Gotten a few compliments from die-hard QH cowboys and girls on my "nice Paint Horse, lots of cow to him" and have to tell them he's Arabian, lol, LOTS of shocked faces from that Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Star, like I said, was my first horse. She was a total witch when I first got her but I was a fearless child and rode her through hell and back, with rearing, biting kicking and head tossing and about every bad thing in the book short of bucking, she was never a bucker. Razz But, it paid off and, without any pro training aside from the handful of 4-H lessons where I taught the younger students and didnt learn anything from the instructor lol, Star and I showed competitively up until I graduated High School and semi-retired her while I started college. She's still a nice ride when she's in shape and once her, and Kayce, are hauled over here to my new school (just transferred out of state Razz ) I'll probablu continue open showing her. Smile She's just like Kayce and has done, without pro training, all of the stuff he's done. Smile

I also train horses (well usually, right now I dont have any clients as my school combined with work is too hectic to train right now Razz ) and work at an Equine Vet Clinic that owns eight horses that I work with. So, I have no shortage of horses to work with. Very Happy

Anywho, there are pics of my horses (and other animals of mine) on the pics thread. Smile
Bezzella

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I lease an awesome (but absolutely crazy) horse called skylark. Smile
Kholran
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I own a 7 year old black Egyptian/Crabbet/Polish Arabian mare named Black Rose Amal (Bara). We ride Saddleseat and are hoping to show come spring.

Alicia

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

She is so gorgeous Smile

Thats one I forgot! lol I did Saddleseat too, with my Pinto and I used to ride and show for a saddleseat Morgan and Arabian Stable Very Happy
Like riding a lil rocket getting on a National top 10 EP horse Very Happy Fun stuff!
Lucky_Duck

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

'Tis sad, Lucky doesn't have a pony, but I ride English (hunter pleasure). The horse I ride is a Chestnut Arabian gelding Very Happy
Mystie

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 5:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I ride English - for 9 years now. I don't own a horse though - kind of hard to in London! xD But yeh.. i am in LOVE for about a year now with Tilly, a piebald Cob. She is fast, young, great jumper and gorgeous! She's not really the friendliest horse (she would never bite/kick though) she's just not affectionate but now because i ride her every week she is so sweet and rests her head on my shoulder Very Happy
snchick09

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have 3!
Hank is my baby. He is a 3 year old AQHA reg. gelding. I trail ride with him. He is really curious.
Bobby is an old QH gelding. He is great for the kids to play around on in the yard but still up to a gallop if I take him out.
Ginger is the "brat". She is more like a puppy than a horse. She is a sorrel QH/Appy and is adorable.
Cowchick14

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have 3 Very Happy Exclamation
well sorta anyway,my 1st is horse a grade sorrel mare named cilia Very Happy but she got in a accident so i cant rid er Crying or Very sad we r gona breed her this yr Very Happy i used 2 ride her western an huntseat shes been mine since we wer both babys she 14 now,the 2nd is my dads horse he is a red dun aqha geldinn named zip i ride him western hes was really spoiled Mad by his last owner so if he doesent get his way hell rear an bolt an anthing imaginable hes a real brat Twisted Evil ,hes 15,the 3rd is a filly im trainin 4 my uncle shes a gray aqha filly named quiet bardell but evrery1 calls her stormy she really sweet Very Happy i do western on her an hopin 2 do english i wanna by her but i dont think my uncle will sell Sad so im gettin a colt outta her Smile shes 4.
so those r my horses Very Happy
BlorgySlorgy

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I own a Welsh/Arab pony named Schyler, who's bunches of fun. She's 12. I showed a TB used for dressage last year, named Mocha. Much different from a pony...xD
Devil_Duckie

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cool! well my standardbred and i are going in the national shows this year!i will see if i can get a pic of him....
Devil_Duckie

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

here is a pic of my squishy one :

AINT HE GORGEOUS!
Katilicious

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yep!!!!!!!! Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    sandboxfarm Forum Index -> Chicken Chatter All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: