Management Farm House
My Farm
Rescue
Marketplace
Trades
Contracts
Bids
Help
Stop chatterin' and return to my farmin'!
Community

SearchSearch Forum & Players   MemberlistMemberlist 
 My FarmMy Farm   Log in to check PMLog in to check PM   

A question - edited - coloring books now available

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cocodri

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 11:01 am    Post subject: A question - edited - coloring books now available Reply with quote

The link for the coloring books store is in my last reply

I know some of you use the coloring pages at Color-Your-Own.com (in fact, it was originally set up for you guys - well Orbis games players). It's come a long ways since I set it up and there are a lot of people who use the site for coloring pages to print out. People started asking me when I'd have coloring books. I haven't been able to because I can't afford $600 or so for the program to make them. Well, this VERY NICE man wrote me and he has software that would zap all those images into a PDF coloring book.

I went through and put all the pictures into files by subject, birds, cats, dogs, etc. My original idea was to make small, one subject coloring books. Well, dogs and horses both have over 50 pictures, but other subjects like birds have less than 20. Then I went and looked at PayPal to see what they'd charge me to take payments and their minimum is 30 cents per transation plus a percentage, which means even the tiny coloring books with like 14 pages would have to be at least $1.

Here's is my quandry.

I think a lot of people might prefer just to download - say, all the dogs or all the birds because that's all they want to color or use for whatever project (a lot of crafters use the art for all kinds of stuff now). Then again - you could download the whole 300+ coloring book (if I just put all the images into one book) and only PRINT what you want anyway if you know how to work a PDF file. But if all you wanted was the birds, would you pay $5 for the big coloring book?

I really do try to please as many people as I can with that website. I know most of you who do use it don't print pages out so much as you color them on your computer and upload them for animals in the games. But - I still want your input. What would YOU rather have?

I put up a poll here:
http://color-your-own.com/coloring_pages_blog/2010/01/tell-me-what-you-really-want/

Or you can PM me or answer this thread.

Oh yeah, even if you do not use the site, I am interested in your opinion if you would buy a coloring book at all online.

Moderators if you think this is inappropriate for any reason feel free to move or remove and my apologies. Orbis games has always supported me and allowed me to advertise Color-Your-Own so I thought it would be okay to ask this here.

Thanks

Cocodri

Last edited by Cocodri on Sun Jan 24, 2010 5:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Daisy Rabbit Mae

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you should do both, I really like your website, because it is one of the few sites where you can get quality pictures for free! But also I have some baby cousins, who LOVE animals and LOVE coloring, so I'd probably talk to my mom about your website if you sold coloring books, and we would possibly buy the 100+ coloring book. probably two since I have two baby cousins. Also if you can I think you should sell the big books, and the single subject books. Also if you would it would be cool to have a tutorial on making line-arts wether it's free or not, I'd LOVE that! Very Happy
Ferox

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You could do both couldn't you?s long as each transaction is worth at least $1, and that's cheap.

Assuming you add more pictures from time to time, you'd need to make second editions of some books.
Cocodri

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 10:00 pm    Post subject: Thanks! Reply with quote

I guess what I really wanted to know was if anyone would buy the small books - cause either way I'm making the big one! From you guys and the poll I had it looks like people will buy the small books, too - so I sat down today and made 11 small books and the one big one. Just now mailing them out to the magic software man.

Thanks for the comments - it always makes me stupendously happy to know people use and enjoy my little scribbles.

Ferox - I think what I will do is each January I'll put out an updated version of the small books, plus probably new small books (for instance, I only have six Thanksgiving drawings, so I didn't make them into a book - when I have a dozen or so, I will). Normally I add at least 100 pages a year, so I'll also put out a big "yearbook" with all the new drawings for the year. So you could still buy the big book that goes up to 2010, plus the "yearbook" with the new 2010, 2011, etc drawings.

I can't imagine anyone on earth would really want EVERY ONE of my drawings Rolling Eyes but hey - who knows. I'll think good thoughts.

Thanks!

Cocodri
Daisy Rabbit Mae

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What I like about your drawings, is that they are quality, but they aren't too detailed, so they are easy to color! where I like bara's but they have too much to em where it's confusing. I love yours though Very Happy

-Daisy
Cocodri

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 5:43 pm    Post subject: Coloring Books available now Reply with quote

Awww - thank you Daisy Very Happy I have had some people email on the requests that they wish I would put in the markings but I think more of my users prefer to do their own markings and coat patterns. I did put blanket and spots on the last appy cross pony just because it was specifically requested - and now I see it is the most popular download in ponies. Guess I may have to start doing like half and half - some with, some without.

Well, I finally figured out how to sell 'em without coming out on the losing end with Paypal. So here is the link to the coloring book store.

Mods - kick this off if you think it's too SPAMmy but there were some people who messaged me they wanted to know and I figured here would be the best place to reach everyone at once. I won't post the link again.

http://www.e-junkie.com/color-your-own

Cocodri
Post new topic   Reply to topic    sandboxfarm Forum Index -> Chicken Chatter All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: