Management Farm House
My Farm
Rescue
Marketplace
Trades
Contracts
Bids
Help
Stop chatterin' and return to my farmin'!
Community

SearchSearch Forum & Players   MemberlistMemberlist 
 My FarmMy Farm   Log in to check PMLog in to check PM   

New Players/ People in need look here!
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    sandboxfarm Forum Index -> Contributions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
~~rose~~

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe that that meant only first and last name, not the other stuff, maybe they should've added stuff about the addresses and stuff. I don't care about first names, just about the extremely person stuff.
Marlee

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah but.... I didn't say about the other stuff. ~~rose~~ is she is your sister no offence but she should have known better then having a sbf expert at home to tell her about it
Ferox

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just chill people.

I don't know what the 'guess my name' threads were, before my time, but perhaps they included last names?

I don't see what's wrong with using a first name for someone. You've not even necessarily sure it's their real first name, I used to call myself melanie on the internet, it's not my name either. All my friends had aliases that were 'real' names.
~~rose~~

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

(Just thought I'd let you know, Heidi is her MIDDLE name, not her first, I just was thinking about Kit-Kat)
Marlee

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My "Sister" calls me Jay Jay or Jaymee sometimes so thats OK? thats not my real name either just a "sister" thing
~~rose~~

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, that's okay, we all call my sister Heidi because she HATES her first name, I think that it's beautiful. Smile
Marlee

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Umm I get Tired of mine some time not really girly everyone thinks Its a certain boys name so thats why I get called Jay by my Friend
~~rose~~

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marlee wrote:
Kit Kat is your Sister? um rose then saying names in public could have been provented, through Home, Messaging and PMing.
Wait what? No she's not my sister, just my bff at school, she gets really annoying at times, but doesn't everybody? lol. Smile Love you like a sister Marlee!
Alabama
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm.. How did I miss this one?

So here goes, the post by Kholran was mostly about those threads asking people to guess names. It was felt that it might lead to more than just first/last names being given, which is bad, which is why they are not allowed. Any personal information can be bad. So you give just your first name here, and a month or two or whatever later, you comment that you are related to so-and-so. You make friends with someone and in the course of conversation, mention you are going to a concert in such and such a city and before long, the smart pervert has enough information to track you down.

Now, all of that being said. If you feel someone is violating the rules, please do not take it on yourself to point out the rules in public. As we can see, all that does is create antagonism. It's best to not point it out to them at all, just pm an Op/forum admin please.

I'm going to close this thread and let is slowly, slowly drop out of site. If you wish to start a new thread about people willing to help new players, please do. This thread started out being one of those that add good feelings to the game.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    sandboxfarm Forum Index -> Contributions All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: