Management Farm House
My Farm
Rescue
Marketplace
Trades
Contracts
Bids
Help
Stop chatterin' and return to my farmin'!
Community

SearchSearch Forum & Players   MemberlistMemberlist 
 My FarmMy Farm   Log in to check PMLog in to check PM   

Horse Manip // Critique? (another one added)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Angelicious

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 10:55 am    Post subject: Horse Manip // Critique? (another one added) Reply with quote

It was supposed to be a bit darker - I was working on it with my monitor's brightness set to 86, and didn't realize it until after it had been uploaded. WHOOPS. But anyway, it's my first attempt at making a manip in... Five months? Ish? Used GIMP. Comments/critiques would be much appreciated. Smile

EDIT: Also, just finished this one. Comments/critiques on this would be loved as well.

Bezzella

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

These are spectacular! I would be honored if you entered my competition, and even if you don't I would order some anyways. :] These are some of the highest quality manips I've seen on SBF!
Daisy Rabbit Mae

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree!
milon

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For SBF, it's good. but overall, you've got skill...it just needs to be smoothed out.

In the first one, the horse's tail looks unnatural...I also find that I don't like the blurriness, idk, might just be me personally...I also think the text in general doesn't flow wiff it either.

The second one...the horse doesn't fit. the lighting is off, if you look at the forest and the horse it's self, just doesn't quite look natural. I don't think the rainbow text works either, and I can barely see the purple lyrics, haha. I think you should after finishing the placement of horse and backgrounds you should put another layer overtop and use some kind of screening effect or something...that way the horse blends in and doesn't stick out like a sore thumb.

I am not by any means saying your works are terrible, in fact, they are good in comparison to quite a lot, and with more practice you'll be pro! ;D
Daisy Rabbit Mae

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree, but they are pretty good
Bratterratt

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think your manips are awesome! Do you do orders? 'Cause if you do, I would love to get a few!

Bratterratt Very Happy
Angelicious

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 1:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks everyone. Very Happy Milon - the first one doesn't appear very blurry to me and the text shows up alright... Might just be the monitors, I don't know. Thanks for the other ideas though!

Also, with school starting, I don't think I'll have time to do orders, at least not until cross country is over... Also, I'm not very active on here. But I'll think about it. Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    sandboxfarm Forum Index -> Artist Alley All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: