Management Farm House
My Farm
Rescue
Marketplace
Trades
Contracts
Bids
Help
Stop chatterin' and return to my farmin'!
Community

SearchSearch Forum & Players   MemberlistMemberlist 
 My FarmMy Farm   Log in to check PMLog in to check PM   

Bovi's Critters

View previous topic :: View next topic  
bovi

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 6:38 pm    Post subject: Bovi's Critters Reply with quote

I like to share my babies and let others love them too, which is why many of them are common or rescuable.

Antelope:
Variations:
Nyala - Extremely Rare - My personal favorite animal; a shy forest antelope with an unreasonably hairy and vivid coat.
Addax - Overpopulated - Rare in the wild but doing quite well in captivity
Blackbuck- Overpopulated - Another species that is highly popular in captivity.

Colors:
Sun-bleached- Overpopulated - Blackbucks and Addax as well as some other desert antelope have lighter pelts in summer.
Muddy - Overpopulated - Some antelope have sharp markings; others, kind of vague.

Details:
Big Brown Doe Eyes- Have you ever looked into a bovids eyes? They've got some impressive eyelashes.
Oversized Ears- Most antelope have large ears for their size, both for heat radiation and highly necesarry hearing.

Tortoise:
Variation:
Sulcata- These guys are the third largest species of tortoise and are popular on the pet trade. They're also known as African Spur-Thighed Tortoises.

Anole:
Variation:
Carolina (Green)- These guys are native where I live and are also awesome pets.

Tamarin:
Variation:
Lion-Headed- These guys have some of the coolest, most expressive faces.

Marmoset:
Variation:
Pygmy- The smallest "higher" primates, these guys are adorable. Their heads are about the size of grapes.

Gazelle:
Variation:
Dama- A desert antelope with a striking deep red on white pattern. The Mhorr subspecies was extinct in the wild, but reintroduced from captive populations.

Species:
Elephant Shrew- This is a very unique group of animals. They belong to Afrotherians, which includes aardvarks and golden moles as their clostest relatives. Very few people have heard of them (at least until a new species, the giant Grey-Faced Sengi, was discovered a couple of years ago!) They are also called Sengis. Please note that they are not elephants or shrews or rodents, and calling them any of these will make biologists want to hit you. Smile

Variations:
Black and Rufous - Abundant - One of the only species of elephant shrew successfully kept and bred in captivity, a "Gaint" elephant shrew
Checkered- Common - a "giant" species
Eastern Rock- Overpopulated - a "soft-furred" species
Golden-Rumped- Uncommon - a "giant species"
Grey-Faced- Extremely Rare - This is the giant segi species only discovered (to science anyway) a few years ago, and is the largest elephant shrew by far.
Rufous - Overpopulated - "soft furred"
Short-Eared- Common - "soft furred"

Colors:
Black and Gold - Common - These colors can be found on any of the four "giant" elephant shrew species
Checkered - Common - Most common on checkered elephant shrews, but appears in other giant species as well
Grey - Overpopulated - Common in "soft-furred", or non-giant species
Rufous - Overpopulated - "soft furred"
Tan - Overpopulated - "soft furred"

Details:
A Clipped Tail
A Tagged Ear
An Inquisitive Nose
Surprisingly Sharp Teeth
koneko

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kewl!
Daisy Rabbit Mae

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwwwwweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeessssssssssssssssssssoooooooooooooooooooooooooommmmmmmmmmmmmmmeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    sandboxfarm Forum Index -> Creation Corner All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: