Management Farm House
My Farm
Rescue
Marketplace
Trades
Contracts
Bids
Help
Stop chatterin' and return to my farmin'!
Community

SearchSearch Forum & Players   MemberlistMemberlist 
 My FarmMy Farm   Log in to check PMLog in to check PM   

Pitching New Idea To Community

Post new topic   Reply to topic    sandboxfarm Forum Index -> Contests & Community Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Do you think a SBF Newbie Guide & Program is a good idea?
Yes
88%
 88%  [ 8 ]
No
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Maybe, but the idea needs working on.
11%
 11%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 9

DesertBreesze

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 9:13 am    Post subject: Pitching New Idea To Community Reply with quote

Smile Ok I've been thinking about this and decided to post my idea and see what the SBF community thought about it. I know on other games like VHR they have help programs and sites for newbies to seek advice and tips on the game. But I haven't found one yet for Sandbox Farm.

Let's face it for many newcomers it can be sometimes tricky to figure out games like SBF which require understanding and strategy to do well. It took me a while to figure out the exams and all about tokens. Sometimes they need a little help and advice! The Help guide can only get you so far.

I thought why not give them that helping hand? After all if I were new I would love to get a kickstart! Basically I want to create a help guide to the game going over every detail and trick in the book to help them out. To be able to educate them on proper breeding and care techniques with their animals.

I'd like to offer new players stat maxxed , non sterile and never bred animals. This nutures them to breed good animals and give them their first competition animal! I've seen it done on VHR and it works well. It's helped hundreds of new players find their feet with these complex games! It only makes sense that we should help newbies on SBF! After all can you remember when you had just a few thousand dollars and a dirt patch for a rodent cage?

Other players could get involved and donate animals, free training or advice? Sounds a little stupid but it could be better the community! Stop people over breeding etc. Anyways reply to this on what you think, it's just an idea anyways.

- DesertBreesze
Lissie

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can I help you otu? I raelly like the idea!
DesertBreesze

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another idea crossed my mind, why not let the community contribute to the guide? Let players add their own tips and tricks to better it! If you have anything you'd like to put in it then message me!
animal_mad

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a great idea but some people have in the past offered to do this. It's just new players don't usually check out the contributions section of the site. They don't seem to use it as much as they should.
DesertBreesze

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sad Yeah, true. But I could place it on other sections they might go to. I dunno if you can put it on chicken chatter. But the help section and looking for something I suppose.
animal_mad

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you asked for it to be made a global announcement (like a sticky) then it would show up in every forum.
DesertBreesze

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Exclamation Ok I just need to add I know other people have other guides and willing to help newbies. But an official onw for other people pitch in too. And a guide covering every topic. Oh and yes animal your right I can message Jinxx or Kholran and ask them to make it a sticky.
Jinxx

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The guide itself would need to go in the contributions section. Point me to the thread and I will sticky it. Once you've created the thread you can create a thread in this section (Community board) that directs new players to the contributions board. I will sticky it also.

New players could also be messaged (on their farm as some don't come to the forums immediately/post) with a welcome, a point in the direction of the forums/contribution section and offer to answer further questions/point them where they can find the answers if not already in the guide. Wink
DesertBreesze

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 2:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy Sure! Thanks too, I'm almost finished for now anyways. I'll direct you when it's done!
animal_mad

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good luck, DesertBreesze, hope it works well.
DesertBreesze

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy Thank you!
Tanitsja

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wasnt there talk of a mentor program?

at this point probably more effective as it gives personal contact
Jinxx

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Players have to be on to be a mentor.

Go ahead with your guide, DesertBreeze. A new player could still come across the guide even if someone isn't on to message them right away.
Tanitsja

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

make an index tread for contribution board so one more easily can find the info there Wink i think most topics been covered more then once if you try to search there, its just people are unwilling to flip several pages back to find it

or clean up the answer posts on this tread Rather LARGE SBF Guide and add to it to make it complete

the problem is not lack of information its all out there, its lack of structure to find it, and for those not used to forums they wont be knowledgable in how to effectivly use the search feature to find the info

its really not lacking in anything around here, whats lacking is structure, so what is needed is someone willing to get on that train and clean things up so everything is neat, structured and easily found.

what i'd sugest is something like this
http://www.sandboxfarm.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=18770

post 1 contain an alfabetical index
post 2 onwards contain a structured up write up that contain all the info given by everyone, with a source list on the botom to the original guides. By making each theme having its own post (and exlude chating replies) you can link each individual theme in an index in post 1, because they get an unique post adress that you can use to create an url.

such a tread would be usefull in that you get all the info on one plate, and it dont mather when a topic is added to the tread, or how many pages the tread become, because the index in the first post can take you directly to the right post for the info you want, which have a compiled info post on the topic as well as links to other topics on the subject where the info have been pulled from
Post new topic   Reply to topic    sandboxfarm Forum Index -> Contests & Community Events All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: