Management Farm House
My Farm
Rescue
Marketplace
Trades
Contracts
Bids
Help
Stop chatterin' and return to my farmin'!
Community

SearchSearch Forum & Players   MemberlistMemberlist 
 My FarmMy Farm   Log in to check PMLog in to check PM   

Art/Design Contest $100 mill & 50 token prize
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    sandboxfarm Forum Index -> Contests & Community Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Misty Glen

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 7:14 am    Post subject: Art/Design Contest $100 mill & 50 token prize Reply with quote

*edit* prize increased and tokens added to encourage entries!

I would like someone to design for me a coat of arms or a standard (flag) or crest or crusader's shield or something along those lines. It doesn't matter which one you do, and you can make multiple entries if you wish.

The requirements are that it must feature a raven, or some sort of black-coloured bird as the main part of it, and it must be in the typical style of coats of arms/standards/crests/shields or whatever it is that you end up doing. You can look these up on the internet. Pay attention not only to how it's laid out but also what colours/shading are used, and the style of the line art. For examples look up the coat of arms of various European countries, states and cities. Hint: wikipedia displays the coat of arms of each country, etc, at the top of the page for that country, etc. Plus it also lists the states and capital cities for that country somewhere on that page so you can easily look up their coats of arms as well.

For ideas you might want to look here as it shows the meaning of different heraldic symbols and might give you ideas for what you can use.

Look up various different birds used in heraldry, such as eagles and phoenixes, not just ravens. You can always recolour them to make them black.

You are welcome to find line art of coats of arms, etc, cut crop and paste it to the design you want then just colour it in, or just photoshop together some standards, coats of arms, etc to create the design you want, or you may go full out and create it from scratch.

You can choose to make it either two dimensional or three dimensional. These examples show shields/coats of arms but it could equally work with, say, standards or various other things. 2D is probably best from a design point of view since it is quick and simple and doesn't require as much skill and would be good just for getting your design down, but 3D is more likely to get you the artistic half of the prize (but not guaranteed).

My main focus is on the design. The artistic side of it is just so it looks good. You do not need to be a great artist to win at least part of the prize, but it would certainly help if you wanted to win all of it.

Prizes
First prize totals $100 mill and 50 tokens and will be judged primarily on how good the design is. If an entry meets both the design and artistic requirements it will receive the whole $100 mill and 50 tokens. I may ask the artist to modify it to meet the artistic requirements if I like the design.
If the artist cannot make the necessary modifications for whatever reason, they will be awarded half of the total prize for their design and another artist will be offered the other half to adapt the winning design to meet the artistic requirements. This artist will be chosen based on the quality of their own entry, however if you want to be considered for this but lack the time to actually make an entry you may post below with a request to be considered and include some examples of your skills.
Runner up prizes will be offered based on the skill of the artwork and the ingenuity of the design.

Last edited by Misty Glen on Sat Aug 09, 2008 6:21 am; edited 3 times in total
SarahCun

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here it is! It's simple and nothing special, but it's the best I could do with the time I had.

I have the black bird on the there, as you requested, but I put two so it would be symmetrical.

I used a black backround to signify knowledge, red lines to represent excellence, a crown to represent achievment, and stars to represent achievment as well.

I hope it's ok:]
Misty Glen

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice design! I like it. Smile
SarahCun

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seriously people, it's not that great. You could beat it if you tried.

Arrow Arrow Arrow
RemyAcres

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 10:09 pm    Post subject: Still entries? Reply with quote

Are you still accepting entries? When are you picking a winner
Misty Glen

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i only just started this contest so it'll be open for a while. i won't draw a winner until i've got several entries and it's been open for a while so there's no closing date yet. feel free to submit your entries.
Misty Glen

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

still looking for entries
ChocolateGal

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 5:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any motto??
Misty Glen

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you're welcome to include a motto if you wish but i don't have a specific one in mind.
ChocolateGal

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 5:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, just wait for an image tomorrow!!
Misty Glen

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 6:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

prize increased and tokens added to encourage entries!
SarahCun

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Felt like bumping this board up, sooo....

Bump Very Happy
Tanitsja

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Misty Glen

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

that's nice. i love the colour scheme. my only criticism would be that the raven(s) aren't as dominant on it as I would like. other than that it looks good.
Tanitsja

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Post new topic   Reply to topic    sandboxfarm Forum Index -> Contests & Community Events All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: