Management Farm House
My Farm
Rescue
Marketplace
Trades
Contracts
Bids
Help
Stop chatterin' and return to my farmin'!
Community

SearchSearch Forum & Players   MemberlistMemberlist 
 My FarmMy Farm   Log in to check PMLog in to check PM   

Is it okay to....

View previous topic :: View next topic  
SisKate

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 3:33 pm    Post subject: Is it okay to.... Reply with quote

Is it okay to ask if anyone lives in a specific state? I have had people ask me before on here and I told them, but just what state I live in. I have always been a bit curious, too, if anyone lived in my home state, too, but I have not been sure that it's okay to ask. Does anyone have anything to say about this? I am also not sure if this is okay to put in the help form, so if you don't think so, go ahead and delete it, as this doesn't seem very important.

SisKate Smile
Tanitsja

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i do not see why not, as states pretty much on the size of countries, and if someone can say they are in england, i dont see why someone cant say they are in california f.ex.

if unsure i'd say ask your parents as such if your young, they are your safe guardians and it can be usefull to have a discusion with them on what you can and cant say online to people you havent really met for real.

The reason for guidelines to kids (and really anyone) is to avoid that someone who do not have good intentions in mind are able to find you and harm you in any way.

I would think that state would be ok as since as far as i know every state have some millions in their population, again though talk to your parents. And i migth be wrong comparing the state to a country vs sbf rules, so you migth want to hear from someone older in the game then me who would know for sure, or one of the mods *s*
SisKate

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool, thanks. I just wanted to also see if anyone else on here lives in my state. That would be cool to know that there are other SBF players on here that live in my homestate besides Sam Sammy Samm Sammy, who is one of my real friends. I am only 13, so I did ask my parents about this. They said it was ok to tell the state, but not the city and definetly not anything like address, full real name, school, phone number, or anything like that.

SisKate
Tanitsja

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nods, as said states likely could be compared to countries, but yes in most cases you do not want to say what city your in, less its like LA which have a population bigger then a lot of countries, i think the population in LA is twice as big as the population in my country Confused which would make it actualy harder to find someone there, then find say me based on knowing my country

but at 25 i still guard my private information because there are a lot of not ok people out there, and i'd rather not have them knocking on my door, so only my very best online friends (of almost all i either met myself, or my BF met) knows my real name, and even fewer knows my adress. I known them for years, and know a lot of people who have met them that can voutch for them, and i never met someone alone, (even if i am 25) i always had someone with me for the first meeting, just to be sure Wink and had the meeting places be public at a first meet up.

so generaly its better to play safe then sorry, and always consult your parents before taking descisions about information and meetings or whatnot. Anyone who have a clean bag wont mind, because they dont have anything to hide Wink so when on forums like this be carefull (that include posting pictures of yourself)

also if you have like a registrered pet, then do not post the full name of that pet (like kennel name and whatnot), saying your dog is called say foxie is ok, saying that her name is ex allstars amasing foxie diamond, is not ok (this is so specific info that matched with your state or country they can find it in the dog regestry)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    sandboxfarm Forum Index -> Need help? All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: