Management Farm House
My Farm
Rescue
Marketplace
Trades
Contracts
Bids
Help
Stop chatterin' and return to my farmin'!
Community

SearchSearch Forum & Players   MemberlistMemberlist 
 My FarmMy Farm   Log in to check PMLog in to check PM   

MIDGARD MANORS WIN A VARIATION OR NEW SPECIES - CLOSED
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    sandboxfarm Forum Index -> Contests & Community Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
odinsdottir

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 10:56 pm    Post subject: MIDGARD MANORS WIN A VARIATION OR NEW SPECIES - CLOSED Reply with quote

?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

WINNERS:

MAIN PRIZE:

Kat66 and her Padfoot (Myth)

Female Shadows Padfoot (Mythological Creature)
http://www.sandboxfarm.com/viewanimal.php?idkey=643168

Male Black Padfoot (Mythological Creature)
http://www.sandboxfarm.com/viewanimal.php?idkey=643165

Kat66

SECOND PRIZES:

Firstly.... let me just say you all made the choosing HARD... So I went with what I was going to do sometime anyway with the End/End animals coming from two NEW species and one relatively new, along with a lesser coloured mate:

Misty Glen and her Lions:

Female White Asiatic Lion
http://www.sandboxfarm.com/viewanimal.php?idkey=643164

Male Golden Asiatic Lion
http://www.sandboxfarm.com/viewanimal.php?idkey=643163

These are awaiting my next tokens, already ordered:

EDZ (with the help of Cowgirls Rules) and Deep Sea Fishes:
You will each get one of the pair, as you share the honours, both will be end/end.

EDZ
Male Speckled Sandy Anglerfish Deep Sea Fish
http://www.sandboxfarm.com/viewanimal.php?idkey=644113

Cowgirls Rules
Female Speckled Sandy Anglerfish Deep Sea Fish
http://www.sandboxfarm.com/viewanimal.php?idkey=644114

FireFlake and the African Starling (Songbird)
Female Brown Speckled African Starling Songbird
http://www.sandboxfarm.com/viewanimal.php?idkey=644120

Male Black with Iridescent Blue sheen African Starling Songbird
http://www.sandboxfarm.com/viewanimal.php?idkey=644119

?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

The main prize for this competition is as stated: I either add a new Variation of your choosing (End/AE) or a New Species .......

How to win: Interest me in what you want made. Tell me about why you chose it and any information you know of it. Tell me where you want it (for new species). If you have pictures post ONE.

Second Prize Draw : Normally I wouldn't do one of these, but sometimes I like too many ideas to ignore all but one. I will choose this prize from the entries that do not win the main prize. This prize will be a new End/End animal with full breeding rights. Please also note there may be up to three of these, or none.

Have fun finding the perfect choice, and let's learn something NEW about the animals you choose.

odinsdottir

Last edited by odinsdottir on Wed Jan 23, 2008 5:39 pm; edited 3 times in total
EDZ

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, you know I've been trying to create a Coelacanth fish for a long time now. If you would crfeate the Species Deep Sea Fish we could put my Coelie in there as a variation Wink
Goku-san

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of the variations I would like to make would be the Carolina Parakeet. Aside, from the fact it would be the first AE parakeet in the game, the parakeet is extinct in real life. The Carolina Parakeet was the only parrot species native to the U.S. They lived in the eastern U.S. in forests near rivers and fed on fruit and cockleburs. The bird was 14 inches long and had a green body, yellow head, and red around the white bill. Hunting, habitat destruction, disease, and other possible factors may have contributed to the extinction of the Carolina Parakeet. The last captive parakeet died in 1918 and the parakeet was considered extinct by 1939.

Image: http://stockpix.com/image/210831s2.jpg
greenpen

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, i have been wanting to make this for around a month now but sadly i have no tokens yet. Here goes:

I want to make either Snow Fallen Mist or Decent on Arctic Mist. Both of them are a mythical horse breed.

The first one (Snow Fallen Mist) is a pure white horse myth with a long flowing tail, mane and wings. It lives in the mountains so is very rare and not normally seen. It is a very kind of floral and flowing gentle creature. It has been said that people have sometimes seen it soaring above ahead of them, sweeping through the clouds and then diving back into the mountain's mist...

The Descent on Arctic Mist breed is very different, it is mainly jet black with a rather independent personality. It does live in the arctic so it is very fluffy with a good coat to keep it warm. It lives in ice caverns/ice caves and has never been seen by any humans. One lonely scientist clames to have seen one once dance across the smooth ice and glide out of sight and never seen again. The scientist wasn't believed until now...

That's them both done and updated now... Thanks!
Very Happy

Last edited by greenpen on Tue Jan 15, 2008 11:52 am; edited 1 time in total
mash

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 5:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like to create the Toyger cat..

The Toyger is a reletivly new breed. It's a cross between a bengal cat and a domestic tabby. It has the colour/muscle structure and looks of a wild Tiger but the personality of a cuddly kitty.

milon

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oooh.

Okay.

"The Padfoot: Also known as 'Black Shuck', 'Grim', and 'Shuck Dog'. A fire-eyed spirit in the form of a great black dog, the size of a small calf. Known to protect lone travelers; or kill the unworthy. Sometimes, an omen of death. Invisible at will; at home in the fens, downs, and marshes of any world. The Padfoot is always completely silent...

The Padfoot has been a legend since the 1500's. The Padfoot was probably descended from the viking legends of Odin's black hounds and Thor's own dog, Shukr. At first the Padfoot was seen as an omen of death, and a messenger of the devil. More recently, the Padfoot's true, benevolent nature has been discovered. Reports and sightings show a protector of travelers, and an understanding of humans. The Padfoot's form conflicts with his nature, however-- a gigantic, firey-eyed black dog appearing at midnight in a fen would scare the living daylights out of anyone. "

Why do I want to create this animal? I'd make it a myth (it's got to have a long life) because in a way it's symbolic to me - misfortune I have plenty of it seems. My grim, has been hovering over and behind me for the majority of my life, why can't I pet him? My past, he represents that. But, he also is my hope for a more fortunate future.

Also, the idea came from Harry Potter series - of which I really enjoyed. Sirius was a black dog, and even though people thought of him as harming and bad luck (much like a black cat for the superstitious) he was actually a guide, guarding Harry in secret.

I'll be drawing a picture for my hopeful creation when I get home, so you can see him through my eyes.

-edit # .o3-

Also, I want this creation, variation if you will, not because he isn't already in the game, but because he means something to me. Much like my Astronomical Jaguars, looking into the stars...forget about everything even though you haven't left them and they are still there. But...that moments relief to stare at the wondrous splashings of something that isn't tamed or captured, or even known...foreign, distant and alluring. I'm doubtful I'm making any sense, I hope this was legible and whatnot.

If this variation is made, I'd like it to be AE, not because I'm selfish and don't want others having this personal creation...actually, scratch that, that's one of the reasons. I don't particularly want this variation to be accessible to the public, thus why I'm aiming for AE. I have no intentions of trying to make this a project, those who would receive a pup would be the people whom I find friends and trustworthy, and understanding....I guess. If I don't win (which I don't expect I will) I still intend on saving up tokens...even if takes me five years, I'm going to make it happen!

I've got to run, I'll add to this this afternoon, thank you for this opportunity, even if I don't win. [=

Last edited by milon on Tue Jan 15, 2008 5:22 pm; edited 3 times in total
nos1

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, i noticed that there are no endangered guineas on SBF and I found this one on the net that truly is rare. It's called the skinny pig and is completely bald.

This is the wikipedia page that has a few pictures and lots of info on the breed.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Skinny_pig

thanks!
odinsdottir

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

keep em coming..... thanks

odinsdottir
milon

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm finished editing.

But, now I have a question.

Designated closing date?
Demitra

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok i am trying to make a ae dog called the Cane Corso which i want to make an ae if you can look under my post for information
ChocolateGal

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, me and Barrelsis or creating a new horse variation (woohhooo i'm helping someone part of the creators club) the Lifelike Breyer Horse. We are having lots of fun putting it togerther!

PS. Thanks for the trade Odins!
odinsdottir

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At this point my tokens have not arrived.... so talking of a closing date is moot.... but I imagine probably monday next week....

odinsdottir
JsseGrrrl

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One variation that I would like to see created is the Siberian Shepherd. It is actually not a true breed, it is just a fancy of mine. The reason is because of my own dog, Jessie, who is a Siberian Husky/Australian Shepherd mix. I actually created the name, to my knowledge there is no other recognized breed with that name. Jessie is very sweet, and I have actually found others of the same mix, and they are all described as being loving, sweet, VERY intelligent, and friendly. Jessie can learn a new trick in seconds, maybe minutes if it's not to close to anything she hasn't already learned. They all LOVE the cold. Which, for me is unfortunate, as I am a heat seeking person. Very Happy But I love her anyways. Well, it's just a fancy of mine. I'll add links to Jessie and Skylar, the other Siberian Shepherds, profiles on Dogster. Jess is three, and will be four on April 15.
Jessie:
http://www.dogster.com/dogs/417703
Skylar:
http://www.dogster.com/dogs/433673
odinsdottir

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not usually a fan of crossbred dogs... but she's beautiful

thanks for sharing....

odinsdottir
JsseGrrrl

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, she's the best, I had wanted a purebred Aussie, but I fell for her after I finally got to know her.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    sandboxfarm Forum Index -> Contests & Community Events All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: