Management Farm House
My Farm
Rescue
Marketplace
Trades
Contracts
Bids
Help
Stop chatterin' and return to my farmin'!
Community

SearchSearch Forum & Players   MemberlistMemberlist 
 My FarmMy Farm   Log in to check PMLog in to check PM   

Sigh
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jinxx

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 7:58 pm    Post subject: Sigh Reply with quote

I'm back to making all variations at AE I think. Someone bought one of my endangered variations the other day and already it's been bred. One already purchased or given/traded to a player I know will have babies for sale in a short time and the person who bought them the other day has them bred again.

Yes, I know I have no control over my creations below AE and though I enjoy creating more than 1 critter at a time at AE I think I'll just stick to that now. I post everywhere about just asking for respecting others creations so it annoys me to know end.

I'm not messaging this person, I'm not going to harrass them I just wanted to rant. I'll go back to making all AEs and hoarding my critters except with those on my trusted list. The only way anyone else will get any Castle Rock creations is sterile.

Selfish? If that's what you want to think then do. You can look at my creations list and see I've been far from selfish.

*end of rant*
odinsdottir

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HUGZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZz Jinnx......

I know how it feels....

odinsdottir
Angelicious

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How is that selfish? You paid the money for the tokens. You took the time to come up with it. You're respectful of other people's creations, they should be respectful of yours. It's your choice to use the extra 1400 tokens and make them more valuable. I don't see how that could possibly be selfish - unless it was to someone who makes money by selling animals and you don't trust them enough to sell AEs whole or something... But that's their own fault. And that was kind of confusing. Sorry Razz
Cowgirls Rule

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

(((((hugs)))))I know how that feels,someone bought the grulla color that LouLou and I created and they have it up for stud for 50!!!!
Jinxx

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been called selfish for making AEs and not letting others but those I choose to give them to have them.

Thank you. I just needed to rant.

HUGZZZZ back, odin and Cowgirls Rule
Leopardstorm

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eh i feel your pain Jinxx I know my horse once made will be overbred like my cats...I mean its hard for some people to make ae's I think you suggest that token breeding thingy to john it sounds really good...
Jinxx

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leopardstorm wrote:
Eh i feel your pain Jinxx I know my horse once made will be overbred like my cats...I mean its hard for some people to make ae's I think you suggest that token breeding thingy to john it sounds really good...

Pintabians..they'd been on my list of to make at AE. I've thought about messaging you on several occassions.

I will always be for breeding for tokens unless something else is done.

I don't go on about my colors, and all but just a few are available for token purchase by others, it's the variations that bother me.
Leopardstorm

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like to make them ae but I am so horrible at trying to get tokens I wish I could buy them >.<
odinsdottir

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't give up Leopard.... I just wish I could afford to help more.... *grimaces* It's difficult with my moving house.

And Jinnx.... you've been very reasonable and kind... and extremely generous. How anyone could call you selfish is beyond my understanding. You give and keep giving.... even if you do knick my ideas before I can make them !!!!!!!!!

odinsdottir
shadow_spinner

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Selfish? *snorts* I just laughed for the first time today. Are you sure whoever said that wasn't joking, Jinxx? It's either that or they're being absurd. Laughing I mean, selfish? *stares on in disbelief*
Galen

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 5:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are most defintely not selfish! I have bought foundy pairs in the past, but I do not think I have abused them at all. What it the sense of having a threatened animal if it is all over the game??

You have been very generous with many of us, and I personally, thank you for all your kindness.
Silversketches

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pfft. Selfish?
Come ON.
Whoever said that is totally lunatic.
I mean, every other week you have multi-million dollar giveaways, you have contibuted to the C-Club GREATLY, you have donated lots of tokens for people to create their breeds, the LIST GOES ON!
I don't think just creating AE isn't being selfish.
Heck, I would do it if I could afford it. [sighs]
I think that you're allowed to create as many AEs as you want, since it's your life, and your money. XD
But I definetly know how you feel about variations being overbred.
My Irish Draughts, the first baby, I sold for 50 Million. Then the frenzy started up, and every time I logged in, someone else had bought the variation. Soon enough, in the Looking For Section, I see people looking for me variation! So I go there, but guess what? Somone else had already sold the variation to that person for like, 20 Million. I KNOW my Irish Draughts are worth more than that. [/rant]
ANYWHO, as my conclusion, I do not think you're selfish.
Far from it, hun, far from it.
Wink
Vitani

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 5:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tani's two cents...

Rant away Jinxxy...Rant away. We all sympathise...( well, except you-know-who )

*gives a warm hug and extra special cookies*
EDZ

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not to put a damper on this or make all of you glare at me, but why create the animals if you don't want nobody to have any? It's getting so that every animal being created now is endangered or higher just so they'll bring more money or tokens. I'm not saying that it's wrong to want to keep your high-rarity critter's numbers low, I try to do so myself in a couple of species. When I do auction or sell an end or threat I've created it's simply to offset the amount I put into creating the variation. When I can afford to create though, I try to judge the rarity according to the real animal. Like the 2 sharks I just made recently. Megamouths are more rare than Whale Sharks, at least they're seen less often. The dog variations are a perfect example. I see many 'common' dog breeds in real life that are created as End or higher, same with horses. Your creations, your choice but I'm just starting to see a growing trend here. I mean, I could see being uptight more if the ratings on the animals changed as their populations grow, but they don't... for now. Don't hit me, I'm just throwing in my 2 cents... which is about all I can afford, lol.
Kholran
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unless I'm totally missing the point, it's not that the creators don't want anyone to have one. It's that they don't want something they spent real money on to be ruined by other players. I make lots of endangered variations myself, regardless of how rare the animal is in real life, because it makes it more valuable in game.

Now, I don't mind if someone goes and buys a foundation pair of them, as it gives something back to the creator. I don't mind players asking if I'll sell offspring of my original pair just to have one in their collection. I DO mind people making foundation pairs and turning around and selling 10 of the offspring whole or putting a male up for stud without ever consulting the original creator. IMO that shows a great disrespect to someone who paid significantly more real money to create something, and it's not giving anything back to the one who made the variation in the first place (no tokens when people breed them). Players are just trying to make a quick buck in game and it doesn't matter to them how they get there.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    sandboxfarm Forum Index -> Chicken Chatter All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: