Management Farm House
My Farm
Rescue
Marketplace
Trades
Contracts
Bids
Help
Stop chatterin' and return to my farmin'!
Community

SearchSearch Forum & Players   MemberlistMemberlist 
 My FarmMy Farm   Log in to check PMLog in to check PM   

Trigger & Velvet
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Amara

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 4:12 pm    Post subject: Trigger & Velvet Reply with quote

Christmas is coming the geese are getting fat,
Please put a penny in the old man;s hat,
If you havent got a penny,
A ha' penny will do
If you havent got a ha' penny then god bless you

'Ne Way chistmas IS coming and my mum said.... if i pay for food, hutches, injections, bedding, hay, toys..... ect. i can get a rabbit Very Happy

I decided to get a Lionhead, HOPEFULLY Seal point, and im going to name him TRIGGER!

Im getting him, not this thursday, but next Very Happy

Last edited by Amara on Tue Dec 04, 2007 8:13 pm; edited 3 times in total
Charlie1

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey I read that poem in a book, cool. I hope I get a guinea pig for Christmas as I can take care of it on my own but I have to persuade my parents to get one. Anyways I hope you enjoy the rabbit, if you get one, and be sure to post pics. Surprised
Amara

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thankies im so excited, im bidding on this hutch on ebay, :

Its got a closeable ramp that leads to a run and it is 3 ft x 18"x18" Very Happy the reason were getting it from ebay is that were gonna take him inside in the winter Very Happy YAY!

LOL,

It took me about 3wks to convince my mum to let me have one

And i hope you get your guineas, personally i dont like guineas the scare me, i was bitten when i was like 2yrs and am now TERRIFIED!
Charlie1

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow that must have been a lot of persuading. Well personally I'm a bit afraid of rabbits, but not all of them. It's just that some seem like they'll chase me. That's strange though. It's not in a guinea pig's usual nature to bite like that. Aww and the rabbit is sooo cute. Smile
Amara

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol, not mine Sad

Tis seal point Very Happy SO CUTE!
Charlie1

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aww it's cute but creeps me out a bit. It looks like a little stuffed animal. But I love it's coat.
Kholran
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ideally, bunnies should be indoors at all times, not just during the winter. They can have heart attacks very easily, or stress themselves if they smell predators (including stray cats, raccoons, possums, coyotes, dogs, and hawks). Strong predators can claw through a cage easily, and more agile and intelligent predators can open hutch doors. House bunnies can live 10-12 years, outdoor bunnies significantly less. On top of that, rabbits are very social animals. A bunny spending most of it's life outside is easily bored and depressed, as it craves contact and attention at all times. Just like a dog that lives its whole life chained to a dog house, bunnies suffer without companionship.

Even if you do decide to keep him outdoors, be sure to have the bunny spayed/neutered. It'll increase the lifespan of your bunny and will prevent accidents should your bunny get loose. Trust me, you don't want litters of bunnies running around your yard.

The House Rabbit Society has some of the best advice I've ever come across. I'd highly recommend reading their articles before making the decision to get a bunny. They're so much more high-maintenance than "sit in a cage and look cute". It's honestly like having a cat. If you're not prepared time-wise and financially to own a cat, a rabbit is not the pet for you.

http://www.rabbit.org <--House Rabbit Society page
http://www.rabbit.org/faq/sections/outdoors.html <--FAQ for Outdoor Rabbits
Amara

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arrow
LouLou07

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heres one of my lionheads(Herbie) after a good groom. His fur is really really soft.

If your getting a lionhead with long fur like Herbie has you will need to groom him everyday and don't use wood shavings or hay/straw which has short strands as they will get knoted into his fur and be very hard to get out.
Amara

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haha, We have difficulty grooming the cats regularly so ive been thinking of getting a dwarf/french lop (not cross, one or the other)
Amara

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guess what..... We thought the pet shop restocked every week but it doesnt so we went in today and they had ONE male lionhead

So guess what!!!!!!

MY MUM BOUGHT HIM FOR ME

He is broken orange and we pick him up tomorrow Very Happy

My little trigger

Also Lou, Can you PM me on how you groom, what you use in the hutch, what you feed, and baiscly how you look after herbie?
cat45011

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you are lucky lionheads are so cute!my parents will never get me any small animals since my hamster died of wet tail Crying or Very sad
LouLou07

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will pm you when my mum feels up to it(she knows all about looh=king after my three lionheads lol), probably some time tomorrow. I'm making the lionhead bunny on SBF lol.
Amara

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LouLou07 wrote:
I will pm you when my mum feels up to it(she knows all about looh=king after my three lionheads lol), probably some time tomorrow. I'm making the lionhead bunny on SBF lol.

Can i pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee donate money i dont have tokens and i neeeeeeeeeeeeeeed a whole male lionhead!!
Charlie1

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cat45011 wrote:
you are lucky lionheads are so cute!my parents will never get me any small animals since my hamster died of wet tail Crying or Very sad

Well it's probably not your fault cat. Usually young hamsters become stressed out develop wet tail. This is why they give a 2 week return poicy so if it dies you can bring back the body, get your money, or exchange it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    sandboxfarm Forum Index -> Chicken Chatter All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: