Management Farm House
My Farm
Rescue
Marketplace
Trades
Contracts
Bids
Help
Stop chatterin' and return to my farmin'!
Community

SearchSearch Forum & Players   MemberlistMemberlist 
 My FarmMy Farm   Log in to check PMLog in to check PM   

My Ellie is gone =( I am so sad

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chilly Girl

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 9:27 am    Post subject: My Ellie is gone =( I am so sad Reply with quote

My pet rat named Ellie died a couple days ago....gulp....and I will through my tears, tell you guys what happened, because I feel you all need to know, cause we are all kind of like a family...sorta.

I was sleeping in bed, about 6am, and somebody had put the ferrets in the bathroom. My dog, Chilly, not knowing they were in there, opened the door(yeah she can do that) and walked in to four ferrets, and turned around, because she isn't too fond of ferrets, but when she turned around she left the door open, for the ferrets to come out. My pet rats, Ellie and CoCoa-Muffin were sleeping happily in their cage a couple feet from the door. The ferrets charged out of the bathroom to the cage, sticking their noses inthe cage, trying to bite the rats, the rats, hearing the commotion, awoke and crawled up the bars of their cage, hoping to see me, and get a treat....a fatal mistake... Zeek, the largest of the ferrets, with the biggest jaws, clamped down on my little Ellie's mouth, she squealed out in terror, as he bit harder, the squeal woke me up and I ran to her cage, I was so horrfied and angry and sad at the same time, so I picked up that ferret and flung him across the room, and he landed with a thud, he was dazed, but no, not hurt a t all, he came back trying to bite her again, but I had already moved her out of the way. Ellie wasn't able to eat, because of his bite, and the vet wasn't open, there was nothing I could do. I tried giving her water, but it was no use, she died a day later, from dehidration and being hungry. She died in my arms at 9:30am. I barried her in my yard later that day. CoCoaMuffin was also very sad, she still has been searching her cage for her buddy....

I MISS MY ELLIE! Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

Facts about Ellie
-she loved to curl up with people
-she is an albino
-she came from the "feeder" section of the pet store
-she was loved by CoCoaMuffin, a black bershire
-I don't even have any pics, because I only had her for a week,
-CoCoaMuffin has been with me for a few months

Last edited by Chilly Girl on Fri Nov 23, 2007 3:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Misty Glen

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last edited by Misty Glen on Sat Dec 01, 2007 5:29 am; edited 1 time in total
Charlie1

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aww I wish you best and as Misty said it wasn't Zeke's fault. I had a hamster named Oreo who passed away on Sunday.
Drmchaser

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Look up Rainbow Bridge online and read about it, hopefully it will make you feel better. I'm sorry for your loss.
Chilly Girl

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have read rainbow bridge many times before, and I love that poem, I try not to blame Zeek, but I still wish she was still here. I am near positive that she died of shock, and when we got another rat for CoCoaMuffin, she acted like she was still too heartbroken from Ellie's disapearence and wouldn't accept the new rat at first, but then, she seem to love her almost as much as she loved her friend, Ellie...
Chilly Girl

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

glad everybody cared to post. Smile
I_Like_Meerkats

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well my dog Earnhart almost killed my baby cat (I was to busy telling the dogs to shut up), while Kitkat was sneaking around the trailer I noticed something moving in the bush (It was Kitkat!) Earnhart Almost killed her

If Earnhart killed Kitkat i would stomp him punch him stab him kick him (DO ANYTHING HURTFUL) to Earnhart

FAQ

Was I horrified?: Yes
milon

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I_Like_Meerkats wrote:
If Earnhart killed Kitkat i would stomp him punch him stab him kick him (DO ANYTHING HURTFUL) to Earnhart

Should...should you maybe not have any pets? Or else, only one... O.O
I_Like_Meerkats

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was just mad Embarassed
Jinxx

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I_Like_Meerkats wrote:
Well my dog Earnhart almost killed my baby cat (I was to busy telling the dogs to shut up), while Kitkat was sneaking around the trailer I noticed something moving in the bush (It was Kitkat!) Earnhart Almost killed her

FAQ

That is a terrible thing to post and even think. Animals are only acting on instinct, it's people who bring them together in unnatural live arrangements. I hope you sit back and really rethink owning animals if that is how you feel.
Chilly Girl

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I felt like hitting Zeek really hard and maybe really hurting him, but I would never do that because I love my Zeeky and well, two killed/hurt animals isn't any better than one dead animal. I understand Zeek and he wouldn't understand why I would hurt him, so there would be no point in it. Smile
Billabong Farm

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 5:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jinxx wrote:
I_Like_Meerkats wrote:

FAQ

That is a terrible thing to post and even think. Animals are only acting on instinct, it's people who bring them together in unnatural live arrangements. I hope you sit back and really rethink owning animals if that is how you feel.

That was horrible even though you were mad. maybe you need councilling if you feel that angry and want to hurt a poor innocent animal.

Chilly girl sorry for your tragic accident. I dont think your ratty died of starvation as they can last ages with out food. Sounds more like shock poor thing. Try not to blame zeek as he was doing something natural.
Hope the new ratty gets along with the other one.
animal_mad

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh bless. I hope everything works out OK, it's horrible to lose a pet but atleast she died in your arms so you were with her till the end. I guess it's not Zeeks fault but I'd feel a bit upset towards him if it was me. But he's not to blame.

Sending you SBF hugs to make you feel better!
Silversketches

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I_Like_Meerkats wrote:

FAQ

As others have posted, that isn't something someone with /multiple/ pets should be thinking. Depending on the breed of the dog, they have a NATURAL instinct to chase things/investigate things. You can't physically hurt an animal for doing something natural. And, not saying this as a threat, but if you were to ever physically hurt an animal, SPCA would most likely come and take your pets away.

D:

This is very sad, as for many years I've wanted a dog, yet someone like you have one, and they think about stabbing the poor thing.

[/hijack]

I'm very sorry about your loss, Chilly Girl. I've had animals put down in my life, but never has one died in my arms. That must hurt. My thoughts and prayers go out to you.
Chilly Girl

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes, that was the second time that has happened, an animal dying in my arms, the first time, it was a wild baby bird, who we think ate poison, so he couldn't fly up to his mommy so for 9 days, we kept him well, but the poison was taking a toll on him by then, so he also dyed while I was holding him. We would have taken him to a vet, but it would have been too late to rush him there anyway, It's 2 1/2 hours away.

I really miss Ellie, and I thank all of you for your kindness. The new rat's name is Petal. CoCoaMuffin wasn't accepting at first, but they love eachother now.

Thanks, all of you,

Chilly Girl
Post new topic   Reply to topic    sandboxfarm Forum Index -> Chicken Chatter All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: