Management Farm House
My Farm
Rescue
Marketplace
Trades
Contracts
Bids
Help
Stop chatterin' and return to my farmin'!
Community

SearchSearch Forum & Players   MemberlistMemberlist 
 My FarmMy Farm   Log in to check PMLog in to check PM   

Creator's rights
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Do you care if someone makes a foundie pair of your creation?
YES
50%
 50%  [ 6 ]
NO- I like the tokens
33%
 33%  [ 4 ]
I can make foundie pairs?
16%
 16%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 12

Galen

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 2:44 pm    Post subject: Creator's rights Reply with quote

Just a quick question for everyone, as people occassionally seem to get a bit heated about this. Once you have created an animal, does it bother you if someone else makes a foundie pair?

My own personal belief is that if you don't want anyone else making that species, you need to make it AE. If you don't want anyone BREEDING your beastie, either sell it only to trusted individuals, or sell it sterile.

What do you think?
Leopardstorm

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My warrior cats got ruined because people bought them...Personally I think that is really cheap and unfair...
Jinxx

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't mind if the player is reponsible with it. It just annoys me when they turn around and put it up for public stud (cheap) or start selling a ton of babies, then those people start selling a ton. As creators we get tokens back when someone purchases a foundie pair but some variations get so overbred that no one bothers to purchase foundie pairs again.

I also don't like the cross breeding ability on here..you can't breed an Arabian and a Thoroughbred and get an Arabian or Thoroughbred..it's not pure and shouldn't pass on to the foal as either/or, it should be a mix/cross/grade. That part of the game annoys me to no end..another negative when creating something because variations are then very easily passed on. Evil or Very Mad
Leopardstorm

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

See thats what got me mad Jinxx I don't mind if they buy them but the person spread them trhought out the game and now they are worth zipo Sad

I do see what you mean also by the second paragraph that is frustrating..
Jinxx

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol Leopardstorm, I want it to cost tokens to breed a playermade color/variation/detail. Not a lot but a couple each breeding..whether that creation is 10 generations from a foundie pair or not. But I'm sure I'm in the minority for that one. Razz
Leopardstorm

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jinxx wrote:
lol Leopardstorm, I want it to cost tokens to breed a playermade color/variation/detail. Not a lot but a couple each breeding..whether that creation is 10 generations from a foundie pair or not. But I'm sure I'm in the minority for that one. Razz

You know that actually kinda sounds good in a way I would probably be for that Razz
Tanitsja

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'd not mind as long as not overbreed

and actualy the ideal way would be that there where a few options to click on creations to set restrictions. And someone trying to import said animal would get a window reading the restrictions where they could cansel or accept the deal

in a dreamworld anyhow
Cowgirls Rule

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont mind if the person is responsible,if not then I do mind,like my Kigers for example,someone bought the breed and then someone else bought the color and has the stud up for 50.
Galen

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jinxx wrote:
I also don't like the cross breeding ability on here..you can't breed an Arabian and a Thoroughbred and get an Arabian or Thoroughbred..it's not pure and shouldn't pass on to the foal as either/or, it should be a mix/cross/grade. That part of the game annoys me to no end..another negative when creating something because variations are then very easily passed on. Evil or Very Mad

I must admitt, I found that to be very confusing at first. Now, well, I don't like it because it is so far from reality. BUT, I do think it is good that a person trying to collect many different variations (not to breed and sell, but to have for prestige), can have an opportunity to do it through careful breeding.

In general, it only becomes a problem when people do not breed responsibly. Like putting an endangered stud up for 500, or breeding 60 ragdolls Rolling Eyes

I wonder if they could build in a certain number of breeding for each rarity. For example, OP can have unlimited breedings, an AE can only have 3, and fill in in between. That would keep the rarer animals in limited numbers.

Last edited by Galen on Sun Nov 25, 2007 6:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Cowgirls Rule

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know..Its makes me mad seeing that.
odinsdottir

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My turn:

I prefer people NOT to buy my variations, not necessarily because I don't trust THEM.... but because how can I know the people THEY sell to will not overbreed? That said.... I cannot stop them doing so unless I make them all AEs....

I love the idea of charging a fee to breed player made variations and colours and details.... IF they are over rarety 7.... and that fee getting charged in tokens that go to the real creator. And I think that all foundies should cost twice what they do now... unless they are your OWN variation, or the owner hasn't been online for a day less than the lifespan of the animal. (yeah yeah difficult to program)

odinsdottir
Leopardstorm

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

odinsdottir wrote:
My turn:

I prefer people NOT to buy my variations, not necessarily because I don't trust THEM.... but because how can I know the people THEY sell to will not overbreed? That said.... I cannot stop them doing so unless I make them all AEs....

I love the idea of charging a fee to breed player made variations and colours and details.... IF they are over rarety 7.... and that fee getting charged in tokens that go to the real creator. And I think that all foundies should cost twice what they do now... unless they are your OWN variation, or the owner hasn't been online for a day less than the lifespan of the animal. (yeah yeah difficult to program)

odinsdottir

I second all of that!!!
Jinxx

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree foundies pairs should cost more for those who didn't create them, not so that the creator gets more tokens (token payout could be the same or even less) but just to make it a bit harder to obtain. Especially because an endangered critter doesn't seem too hard to get if you breed a few times or know what to breed it to to get an endangered.

I can't see Nef putting in the restrictions options, Tanitsja, it's why I said charging per breedings. I don't even care if the creator gets the money from those breedings.

Enough rambling from me, I'm off to work..
Cowgirls Rule

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah,I agree Jinxx,my Descendant of Aslan's are 150 tokens to create now!
Kholran
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seconding (or thirding, or fourthing, or whatever) those who think that the cost should be MORE for buying another player's creation. I've worked it out before. It costs about $6 for someone to make a new Endangered animal. Someone else comes along, and can get it for about $2. So you can overpopulate another player's animal for a fraction of the cost. Doesn't seem all that fair to me. And no, I can't afford $20 per animal to make them all AE.

That said, I wouldn't (and don't, really) mind other players buying foundie pairs of my creations. What I DO mind is them then turning around and selling/auctioning/studding them out, especially for very little and without any consideration for keeping it rare. I feel like that shows a great disrespect to the creator (and someone who, as pointed out earlier, spent a significantly higher amount of money). I personally will not sell or stud any Threatened, Endangered, or AE variation that I didn't create with my own money. Even if the original creator had absolutely no restrictions on what I did with the variation/colour, and I bred to a stud for $100, I feel like I owe it to the person who spent their real money to keep it as rare as possible. I doubt there are many out there that share my sentiments lol
Post new topic   Reply to topic    sandboxfarm Forum Index -> Chicken Chatter All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: