Management Farm House
My Farm
Rescue
Marketplace
Trades
Contracts
Bids
Help
Stop chatterin' and return to my farmin'!
Community

SearchSearch Forum & Players   MemberlistMemberlist 
 My FarmMy Farm   Log in to check PMLog in to check PM   

Sad Story

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Charlie1

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 7:00 am    Post subject: Sad Story Reply with quote

OK, I know I haven't been on SBF that much lately. But something happened that's kind of made me not want to play anymore. Okay, on November 18, about two days ago, I went into the room with my hamsters. I started to check on my hamsters and then my sister lifts up the cover from one of them, Oreo, a longhaired black and white. She sees he's not moving, so I'm like "Try and move him around." Then she does that and he still doesn't move. Then I think maybe he's hibernating because hamsters do that when its cold. But then we take him into a warm room and keep moving him around but he won't wake. Then we figure.......he's dead. It was so sad and I hadn't noticed him for a few days but I didnd't think anything of it. I think he partially died of starvation and maybe the cold. That's because I think my sister and I forgot to feed him but that was for like only a day and he had some food in his bowl when we found him dead. So I'm thinking what did he die of? Starvation? The cold or was it something else?
Chef33

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

im so sorry to hear that. Sad
was he old?
Charlie1

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nope, he was only 6 months
Heather

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm so sorry to hear that I remember when I lost my guinea pig Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad *cries at memory*
I_Like_Meerkats

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I forse-killed mine he was sooo mean he bit me so hard it drew the blood out of me and i almost died of an infection

Well i feel kinda sorry for him though Sad
Amara

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats.... Murder.

My Mates Hamster bit me so hard, it broke my finger, i was in a cast (two finger cast) for about 3/4 weeks and it drew so much blood that the tissue accually driped a few times.

Charles, 'mara is so sorry, i know what its like to loose a hammy, Exept, me my sister and my brother were all creaming NO, NO, You cant do that to a hammy. while my mum........ wait for it......

wait for it

BATHED MY HAMMY

Anyway, we found him dead the next morning Sad
Kholran
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amara wrote:
Thats.... Murder.

I'll not start an argument, but I agree. Animal cruelty at the very least. If you didn't want him any more, he at least deserves humane euthanasia. He's an animal. He doesn't know any better. If a rodent is threatened or afraid, it will bite. They have sharp teeth. Yes, it hurts and it bleeds, but to kill an animal for acting on instinct? To me, that's nothing more than cruelty.

Charlie, I'm sorry about your hamster. I've gone through many over the years, and losing one is always hard, especially when they're young. It's hard to say what it was...small animals are so fragile he could easily have been scared to death or had a stroke or something like that. I wouldn't blame yourself, as those guys store food like crazy and are pretty adaptable to temperature changes.
cat45011

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I,m so sorry about your hamster I,ve had 1 hamster before.she was the cutest blackbear harmster ever!then just a week after I got her...there she goes dying of wet tail.
Fire Opal

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had Luna, a beautiful little cream dwarf. She did great for idk- nearly a year, then I found her dead in her cage. Plenty of water, food, and no signs of wet-tail or other sickness... she wasn't even old. Dunno. I guess it happens.
Leopardstorm

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I_Like_Meerkats wrote:
I forse-killed mine he was sooo mean he bit me so hard it drew the blood out of me and i almost died of an infection

Well i feel kinda sorry for him though Sad

my cat bit me and drew blood...i got an infection and had to get a shot in my thigh it was embarrising, and on New Years Eve too...

They wanted to put him to sleep....

We said hell no....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    sandboxfarm Forum Index -> Chicken Chatter All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: