Management Farm House
My Farm
Rescue
Marketplace
Trades
Contracts
Bids
Help
Stop chatterin' and return to my farmin'!
Community

SearchSearch Forum & Players   MemberlistMemberlist 
 My FarmMy Farm   Log in to check PMLog in to check PM   

Animal Cruelty
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    sandboxfarm Forum Index -> Chicken Chatter
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Which horse name do you like better for a brown little pony?
Cracker
36%
 36%  [ 4 ]
Tid Bit
63%
 63%  [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 11

~Wishful Thinking~

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 1:14 pm    Post subject: Animal Cruelty Reply with quote

Who here is against animal cruelty? Why? I know I am. I just wanted to know what other peoples opinions are. Thanks!
Trinity

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am!
Silversketches

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Definetly.
I love watching Animal Cops on Animal Planet, because they punish the people who do believe in animal cruelty.
Sterling

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I AM!! Defenately. I wish people could just find other ways to release anger.
Angelicious

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Define 'cruelty.'
Animal testing? Rodeos? Circus? Zoos? Greyhound/Thoroughbred racing? Soring? Hunting? Abandonment? Slaughter? Fur farming? General abuse? Or what?

But yes, I am. Most definitely. I've actually scared a lot of my friends into vegan/vegitarianism and I've turned some of them against general animal entertainment with what I've told them about it xD
Sterling

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW! Angels you're really good at listing things!!
Angelicious

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sterling wrote:
Defenately. I wish people could just find other ways to release anger.

Agreed =D However, far more animal cruelty occurs because of money than because of anger. It's worse and more consistent, and greatly planned, but yes - anger is a huge issue. *twitches* Gawrd, I wish people would consider that WE'RE animals now and then...

Sterling wrote:
WOW! Angels you're really good at listing things!!

Haha, thanks xD I wrote a paper on animal cruelty in the 8th grade. It was supposed to be 3 pages long. Mine turned out to be almost 4x that amount o.o;; I found out quite a few things that literally almost made me sick. It was interesting, though, getting the straight-up facts about how twisted of a species we really are...
~Wishful Thinking~

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Angelicious wrote:
Define 'cruelty.'
Animal testing? Rodeos? Circus? Zoos? Greyhound/Thoroughbred racing? Soring? Hunting? Abandonment? Slaughter? Fur farming? General abuse? Or what?

But yes, I am. Most definitely. I've actually scared a lot of my friends into vegan/vegitarianism and I've turned some of them against general animal entertainment with what I've told them about it xD
um not that this helps but just general animal cruelty. did you really convince some of your friends to go vegetarian? LOL that's hilarious-but I mean that in a good way. Very Happy
Sterling

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah. Some how I found out about horse slaughter online. Most people have know idea on how inhumane it is. I was so terrified when I read some of that stuff.

Eh. I wanna go veggie. But, I don't lik veggies and I love meat. But, I do like nuts. eeep! Angels convice me!!
Angelicious

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

~Wishful Thinking~ wrote:
um not that this helps but just general animal cruelty. did you really convince some of your friends to go vegetarian? LOL that's hilarious-but I mean that in a good way.

Haha, yep ^_^

Sterling wrote:
Yeah. Some how I found out about horse slaughter online. Most people have know idea on how inhumane it is. I was so terrified when I read some of that stuff.

Eh. I wanna go veggie. But, I don't lik veggies and I love meat. But, I do like nuts. eeep! Angels convice me!!

Definitely. Chickens and cows have it the worst, I think...
Rodeos and circuses are HORRIBLE. Especially for bulls. Ohmigod. Bull fighting is so bad, they actually run it during the day in the middle of nowhere where only the most dedicated "fans" would go because otherwise the police would hound them, they'd be in debt and in jail for the rest of their lives. Calf roping is disgusting, and NOT seen as openly cruel. Basically, all rodeo events are.
And circuses are anything but family entertainment...
Sterling

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yuck. I never thought about calf roping being bad. And I'm glad I've never been to a circus. Ya know this reminds me of the Medevil times when the Normans ruled and tortured their slaves with needle chairs and streaching machines. Humans don't wanna be killed to be eaten (Some of the vikings did that) and neither do animals.

Ha! I make a good point there, don't I?
Angelicious

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sterling wrote:
Yuck. I never thought about calf roping being bad. And I'm glad I've never been to a circus. Ya know this reminds me of the Medevil times when the Normans ruled and tortured their slaves with needle chairs and streaching machines. Humans don't wanna be killed to be eaten (Some of the vikings did that) and neither do animals.

Ha! I make a good point there, don't I?

Very good point =D
I saw a good analogy of what calf roping was like one time...
"Tie a 100-ft rope to a tree and the other end around your neck in a noose. Run in any direction as fast as you can. Then we'll talk."
Something very similar to that, anyway.
Sterling

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah. Thanks!

Gosh. That vid you sent me. I could even watch half of it! Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Soo, sad. Im not eating chicken!!!!!! They literally throw them!! Jeeze. Thats really scary.
LouLou07

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hate people who are cruel to animals, they don't seem to understand that animals have feelings too.

The only circuses that I watch with animals in are spirit of the horse because the horses are really well looked after. After the show you can go and see them in their stables. I eat meat but only beef, ham and chicken. But I can't have organic chicken because its too expensive.
Sterling

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've decided to rarely eat meat. Im still under my parents cudoty and I dont wanna be a big knot in their neck.

My mom buys free range chicken eggs. They're huge!!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    sandboxfarm Forum Index -> Chicken Chatter All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: